Miller, Kistler & Campbell is an established leader in local real estate matters. We understand the decisions and consequences involved in buying, selling, leasing, and renting real estate, and we have guided clients through property closings and transfers for more than 100 years.
Our services include:
- Selling and purchasing property — Our attorneys can help you confirm that a deed properly conveys the property it represents, minimize your liability before and after the ownership transfer, determine whether a new business entity should own the property, negotiate the terms of a sale, oversee the closing of the property, and facilitate all other matters with professionalism and openness.
- Refinancing property — With record-low mortgage rates, many people wish to refinance their existing loans. Our attorneys can help you negotiate favorable refinancing terms and close on your refinancing deal. As with property purchases and sales, we can also provide title insurance products to reaffirm the proper interest in the property.
- Lending and finance — Our firm is experienced in providing cost-effective legal solutions to financial institutions. From loan and due diligence document drafting, to overseeing the lending process, to managing closings, we are able to professionally assist financial institutions with the wide array of their services and transactions.
- Condominiums — The lawyers of Miller, Kistler & Campbell provide comprehensive representation to condominium associations, and we have successfully formed and counseled many such organizations through central Pennsylvania. Condominium associations have unique legal requirements that must be met on an ongoing basis. We can provide experience in achieving these requirements and ensuring that your condominium structure is recognized and enforceable. We will also assist you with collection and enforcement matters with noncompliant owners, and we will help you resolve disputes should any arise.
- Boundary disputes — We negotiate, settle, and if necessary, litigate boundary disputes resulting from poorly written deeds, misunderstood land surveys and traditional encroachment issues. Our attorneys have experience in both title disputes and adverse possession matters, and we can advise you on how best to resolve property boundary disputes.
- Condemnation and eminent domain — As counsel for public entities, our team of attorneys has a unique and sizeable practice in condemnation and eminent domain matters. Our attorneys are well-versed in all aspects of eminent domain proceedings, and we are able to quickly determine the potential merits of eminent domain proceedings, in addition to advising you on your rights in a condemnation proceeding. We also work with appraisers and other experts to pursue the greatest possible compensation for you in the event that the condemnation does proceed and you are displaced from your property or a portion of your property.